Stowaway Dreams



Intro:
D C G C :||

It couldn't have been easy for you
to give up your freedom,
to set aside your dreams
for someone else's needs.
So it should come as no surprise
that you grew to resent that job,
and it pains my heart to think of the cost
of the security that it bought.
But it helped you to raise a family
and get your children out on their own,
and somehow each morning still finds you there
even after they've grown.

Fadd9 C / F C / Fadd9 C / F G :|| (3x)

Oh, you gave up on some of your dreaming
'cause it's what you felt you had to do.
I hope your investment was worth it,
that the love returns to you.

F C / Fm C / F C / G C / (G C )

The dust piles high on that motorbike
out in the garage,
and how many other dreams
did you stow away in storage?
The secrets we hide inside ourselves
are deeper than anyone knows,
but when our dreams begin to fade
the eyes will let it show.
Every now and then
I catch this sadness in your eyes.
Don't give up on dreaming;
dreams are endless as the sky.

Oh, there's plenty of time left for dreaming.
Retirement is just around the bend.
I hope you can muster up the strength
and the energy to start again.

Interlude:
D C G C :||

I remember those Little League tryouts
when I didn't make the team.
In the parking lot flowed the teardrops
of a little boy's broken dreams.
My vision blurred, I looked over at you,
and I saw that love in your eyes.
You found another team where I could play
and taught me to keep on trying.
Every now and then
I still feel like that kid in that car.
Those loving eyes still look back at me
to keep me from losing heart.

So I'll keep on a-dreaming,
if you keep dreaming, too.
It seems to me the only way
that we're gonna make it through.

Yeah, I'll keep on a-dreaming,
and you keep dreaming, too.
Why not keep on dreaming?
We've got nothing better to do.