Blind Curves



I can't make you any promises
that I know the way out of this place.
Delusions of thinking that I had all the answers
have left me with nothing but mud on my face.
Your road ahead may seem dimly lit,
but if you'll come along even just for a bit,
one thing's for certain, this much I can say,
we both will wind up in some other place.
It may not be better, but it may not be worse.
At least it'll be a change of course.

Banjo:
E A / F A :|| (5x)

You've got a headlight out.
I've got my brains out.
There ain't too much brightness
between these two ears,
but I've managed to get by.
I've managed to not die.
I've navigated an adequate
series of steers.

E - / A - / F - / E A :||

I'm always talking myself round in circles
as thoughts bounce around in this tangled old brain.
Should I go left, or should I go right?
Do I really need to be so doggone uptight?
Should I be serious, or should I be silly,
anally methodic or willy-nilly?
Duh, hmm, um, I dunno?
Duh, hmm, um, I dunno?

I wish I could tell you that the road ahead
will reach the horizon in a nice straight line,
but the future's always creeping around some corner
as life twists and turns in curves that are blind.
The roads of our lives aren't always our's to decide
we pick the best pass that we happen to spy,
and sometimes we're utterly baffled to find
that it leads us somewhere better than what we had in mind;
so let's hope for the best: that we'll make it together,
but either way it'll be the ride of our lives.