Just as Real



I met her along the road.
She said, “I already knowed
just what you were singing about
before you even opened your mouth.”
Up in the hills underneath the stars,
we crept into a rock outcropping.
We made love the whole night through,
yeah, our hearts were a-throbbing.
I woke up suddenly with a start,
sat up in my bed with a racing heart.
How did I get here? Where did she go?
...Oh.

Capo III
A A7 A G / / / A C G - A C G - - :|| (3x)

Well, I know it was just a dream,
but you know that it felt so real;
and if you've ever had a dream,
maybe you know just how I feel;
and maybe you won't agree,
but you know it occurs to me
that a dream is just as real
as a memory.

G C A - / A C G - :|| (4x)

So I packed up my guitar,
hit the road in my beat-up car.
I had no idea where I was headed to;
I just had nothing better to do.
I pulled off alongside the curb,
dashed off a song of muddled up words.
I'm just waiting for someone to deliver me.
I expect that she'll come along soon.
Yeah, I'm hoping to meet her along this road.
She'll say, “I already knowed
just what you were singing about
before you even opened your mouth.”