Jumble of Words



You might think that I never did love you,
and I can't blame you for feeling that way.
Although it was something that I felt quite deeply,
I never could seem to get my tongue to say.

Capo II
A - E A / A - G A :||

The thoughts are there with feeling to spare,
but all that comes out is a jumble of words.

A - D A / A - E A

I ponder life's deepest questions.
My thoughts wander off to I don't know where,
so whenever you ask just what I'm thinking,
I come up empty, with nothing to share.

Maybe I've never made it beyond raw feeling.
Maybe I relate to the world preverbally.
Maybe you think that this makes me stupid.
I'm getting to the point where that's all right with me.

I articulate my inner world with my best effort.
trying not to get caught by fear, anger and such.
'Cause when I reduce this life to an explanation,
it tends to get my panties in more of a bunch.