Where to Look



She said, “I wanted to hear a happy song, 
oh my darling little boy.
I know that in this world there is plenty that is wrong,
but if you know where to look there's also lots of joy.

Capo II
D Bm D A :|| (4x)

Just a happy song, is that too much to ask?
Just one happy song today.
Just a happy song, before this life is past,
let's have some happy songs along the way.

G D G D / G A D - :||

I'm so damn tired of crying all these tears,
tired of hearing nothing but bitching all these years.
I keep trying to look up, but I feel so damn weighed down.
I'm trying to swim, please don't let me drown.”

Well, you know, I think you're right.
I think it's high time I tried,
got to not keep all my joy locked in a jar.
So here goes...
You know that every time I see your face
it brings me joy down in my heart.
You know that every time we say goodbye
I wish we never had to part.
I do love you.
Well, maybe that still sounds a little bit sad,
maybe a little bittersweet in part,
but I guess that for now it's the best that I had;
and maybe a little bit of sweet's a good place to start,
not all bitter.

D A / D G / D A D - / G A D - :|| (3x)

Just a happy song, that's not too much to ask...