Walking Back to Georgia



That night in Chattanooga,
I remember it clear as ice.
She'd never been to Georgia.
Why not walk to Georgia?
And so we walked to Georgia.

Dm Am / F Am :||
F G Am - /

It seemed such a sweet slice of madness.
It pushed me over the edge.
Not that I had far to fall,
I was already on the brink.
But I went all in when she said, “Let's walk to Georgia.”

The Chattanooga aquarium lights
reflecting off the river.
I was singing “The 59th Street Bridge”,
yeah, I was feeling groovy.
Just kicking down the cobblestones to Georgia.

A light rain drizzled down.
The car headlights splashed by.
We ran out of sidewalk.
I felt a little out of my mind.
Happily delirious and headed south to Georgia.

I was beginning to worry we should turn back,
that we were running out of time.
The others would be waiting for us,
but there was no changing her mind.
We were bound to make it to Georgia.

Up ahead along the highway,
just a few more steps to go.
I really love your peaches
on the sign to let us know
that we were welcome in Georgia.

As we started walking back
the others called to track us down.
They were not thrilled to learn
that they'd have to drive on down
to pick us up from Georgia.

A night in Chattanooga,
the city lights reflect and shine.
I close my eyes and go back there;
I go back there all the time.
And I'm walking back to Georgia.

The Chattanooga aquarium lights
reflecting off the river.
She'd never been to Georgia.
Why not walk to Georgia?
I'm often walking back to Georgia.