Always There



How can I tell you I love you?
How can I show you I care?
How can I tell you I love you,
when I'm hardly ever there?

Capo IV
G C A / / / Bm C A G /

Oh my sweet little child,
you're such a bright ray of light!
You gave me hope when I needed
faith restored in this life.
You needed someone to be there.
I needed someone to love.
I think I learned more than I taught you.
Found a love as deep as it comes.

G C A :|| (8x)

I wish that I could still be there.
I wish I did not have to go.
Maybe “had to”'s a strong way to put it,
but where your heart leads you must go.
As you grow older you'll find out
this life's not as clear as you'd like;
sometimes your heart can get broken
just from trying to do what feels right.

I think about you quite often,
of all of those times that we shared;
though there's a great distance between us,
part of you is with me everywhere.
I think of your laugh, and I smile.
I smile, and then I cry.
You're one of this world's greatest treasures;
I'm so glad that you're part of my life.

So I just want to tell you I love you.
I just want to tell you I care.
Though there's a great distance between us,
in my heart you're always there.