Making It Little



Some people want to make it real big,
make lots of money, get really rich.
Some people want to be a big shot,
drive fancy sports cars, own a yacht.
Well, that's not for me, that's not what I'm about.
I like living simple, there's not any doubt.

Banjo - Capo IV
D G / A G :|| (3x)

Making it little, keeping it small
Doing alright all in all
Making it little, keeping it small
Doing pretty good all in all

A G D G :|| (4x)

Some people want to be well known,
they want to have the biggest tombstone.
They want to be remembered long after they're gone.
They futilely fight against time moving on.
But me, I'd rather just be here now,
won't remember I'm forgotten when I'm under the ground.

Some people want to get as big as they can get
Branch out and franchise and corner markets.
They think that they are too big to fail,
above the law, too big to jail.
But they could not be as big as they think,
and, like the titanic, they just might sink.

Some people will do whatever it takes;
if they could turn a dime, they'd drain the Great Lakes.
They take out whole mountains, and poison the streams.
I'd call these nightmares; they call them dreams.
There's an energy crisis; yeah, things are a mess,
but they're not trying to solve it while they can profit.

As far as it goes, I've got all I could ask,
a tiny little house with a garden out back.
I've got me a bicycle, gets me around,
catching the breeze with no top to put down.
So stop on over, and if you do,
I'll crack you open an ice cold brew.