Asking Nothing Back



Oh what a sweet voice you've got there!
Oh what a lovely melody!
I could listen to that voice you've got there
for all eternity.
Please keep on singing.
Please don't ever stop.
It's such a relief to be lost in your voice
instead of the troubles that I've got.

Capo IV
D C / D G - :|| (4x)

Hey there, sweet little songbird,
I'm so glad that you perched in that tree!
My cold heart feels so much warmer
with you next to me.

Bm C / Bm Am - / Bm C / Am G - /

It's been such a long, cold winter
with ice and snow all around.
Everything's been so still,
seemed to be nothing moving about.
Everything's been so quiet,
no companions to be found.
So oh what a joy to have that cold silence
pierced through by such a beautiful sound!

I can think of no greater gift
than the solace that your voice brings,
and oh what grace to ask nothing back
for all those songs you sing!
So I just want to tell you
thanks for stopping by;
the memory of your voice will linger on
and give comfort to my mind.