Trust Worthy



I'm trying for a draw when there's room enough to dare.
I'm cutting it close when there's space enough to spare.
Holding my breath out in the fresh air.
I pretend to be aloof when I truly, deeply care.

D C G C / D C F C / / D C G -

Why can't I be just what I am?
Why can't I seem to follow my own heart's plan?
Why do I lie looking straight into your eyes?
Why can't I trust myself anymore?

D C D C / D C G - :||

In the beginning it all seemed so crystal clear,
like I'd finally found what was missing all those years,
but before I even knew it the walls had closed on in.
I had let my heave turn into a prison.

Why couldn't I have been just what I was?
Why couldn't I seem to follow my own heart's tug?
Why did I lie looking straight into your eyes?
Why can't I trust myself anymore?

Just let me think what I think and feel what I feel.
Let me keep on, keep on keeping it real.
Just let me be authentic and sincere,
to be guided from within instead of by fear.

I'm trying to be just what I am.
I'm trying to follow my own heart's plan.
I'm trying not to hide from anybody else's eyes,
just trying to trust myself a little more.