Restless



Hey there Pope Francis, what are the chances
this silly old human race will ever make it through?
I like the things I've heard you say. You point out a better way,
but what if it's just a little too late for people
     to hear the truth?

Capo II
F C G C / E - F C - :||

It's another worrisome day. It's another restless night.
Will we ever find a way to bring peace to our everyday lives?

F Am E Am / Dm C F - E -
Interlude: F Am E Am / F Am G Am -

Hey there Dalai Lama, I'm tangled up in so much drama!
Help me unravel the trauma from being stuck in my own head!
You're living out this life of peace, but for the life of me
I just can't seem to overcome my narrow selfish ways.

It's another worrisome day. It's another restless night.
Will I ever find a way to bring peace to my everyday life?

Hey there Bill Mckibben, I have seen some of your figures.
Do you think we'll turn the tide before we're washed away?
You keep fighting the good fight, up against something
     out of sight.
I'd sure like to do my part with you, but I feel so overwhelmed.

It's another worrisome day. It's another restless night.
Will I ever get the nerve to stand up and fight?

Hey there Ta-Nehisi Coates, your world's a world away from mine.
You've cracked open a window that's been sealed tight
     far too long.
Let's air some of this violence out, get a better idea
     what it's all about.
It's plain to see good intention alone hasn't gotten us too far.

It's another worrisome day. It's another restless night.
Will we ever find a way to claim our minds and bodies as our own?

Hey there friend and neighbor, this life is our's to savor!
I'll reach out my hand for yours if you reach back for mine.
Let's invest in trust instead of fear. We might yet make it 
     out of here,
out of this callous habit of just turning a blind eye.

And we could have brand new brighter days,
     and quiet restful nights,
living a little closer to peace every day of our lives.