Irrevocable



I thought that I was privy to some profound knowledge,
thought I had some great wisdom that I ought to share;
so I gathered people around and convinced them to listen,
but all that came out was a burst of hot air.

Capo V
G C G D / G C D G :||

I'm losing it. I've lost it, never even had it.
I guess I couldn't lose what I never even had.
I'm losing it. I've lost it, never even had it.
I guess I couldn't lose what I never really had.
Too bad.

D C G C / D C G - :|| C - - - G -

I thought I saw love reflecting in her eyes,
like a pillar of fire burning in the sky.
When I told her how I felt, just to try it on for size,
she laughed in my face; that's when I got wise.

I thought God was speaking to me through the written word.
I took as a sign that time that a bird
landed on my shoulder, but then it took a shit.
I began to reconsider what on the bathroom stall was writ.

I woke up with this feeling that I just couldn't shake,
so I went out on the street asking everyone I'd meet,
Have you seem my marbles?” Well, they hauled me away
and filled me with pills to relieve me of my dreams.

They said. “I was losing it. I'd lost it.”
     I said, “I'd never had it.
How could I lose what I never even had?”
They said. “I was losing it. I'd lost it.” 
     I said, “I'd never had it.
Just give me back my marbles, I'll be glad.”
Too bad.
So sad.
They're irrevocable.