Making Do



It gets a little lonesome sometimes
living without you here.
The saddest part's when I start to forget
what it was like with you always near.
I thought you'd always be here.
I thought we'd always be a pair.
And looking back my biggest regret
is not telling you how much I cared.
Please don't take me the wrong way;
I'm not asking you to take me back.
I finally feel like you're right
to see that as a worn out path.
I'm not trying to make you feel guilty;
I don't want to cause you more tears.
I just find myself at a loss
as to where to go from here.
And maybe this is one of those letters
that's best left unsent.
Maybe I'm just talking to myself,
trying to figure out where our love went.

D C / F G - :|| (10x)

Oh, I'm doing alright.
Yeah, I'm getting through.
I just feel a little lost,
but I am making do.
Though I feel all this sorrow,
there's still a song in my heart.
The sun'll come up tomorrow;
it'll be a brand new start.

Bm C / “ / “ / F G - :||

I'm so glad we still get together.
You're still my best friend.
Thanks for letting this be a new beginning
instead of the end.
In some ways you do seem happier now.
I still love to see that smile,
and it seems to me it's brighter now
than it's been for quite a while.
I don't know what the future holds,
if I'll stay or if I'll go;
but whatever I decide to do
I want you to know
that I will always love you
right up until my last breath,
and if I should choose to leave
it'll break my heart to take that first step.

And I guess I've always been lost,
and you tried to reach from afar;
so I'm trying to live closer to my life,
each day's a brand new start.
It's an endless destination,
impossible to get to;
I'm still not as close to my life as I could be,
but I am making do.